2.19.2007

Days Away

This is the first time I've been away from her for more than 24 hours in her entire life. And let me tell you . . . it's glorious!

I suppose I should insert here that I feel a little guilty. I love my kid, and I really like her too. She's entertaining, affectionate, and besides Mike, the person I most like spending time around. But I'm not the most sentimental mom. And time to write, hike and snuggle with my sweet husband, go to aikido, and sit on the toilet without a wee one wanting to crawl into my lap is really nice.

I'm an only child. I covet my alone time. And with a kid that only naps for 45 minutes to an hour a day I've been missing me.

I keep looking around though. Something's missing, but I can only smile becasue I know my little Terminator will be back.

No comments: