1.30.2008

Up to Date Part 1: Lu's Birthday

So, I've been ofline for quite some time. For good reasons, that I'll address in another post. But in the interests of family who use this to keep track of what we're up to, I thought I'd back track a bit.

Bean's birthday, though there have only been two of them, have been very non-traditional. What can I say I'm a non-traditional type of gal.


(Coincidently, Bean's birthday is also the birthday of my college roomate who I'm very fond of and admire tremendously. And the added joy this year is that she got engaged on her birthday! Congrats Jen!)
Last year, we figured Lu wouldn't care wither way, so we went snowshoeing on her birthday. This year, burnt out from the holidays and aching to get outside, we figured we would make it a tradition. (I love non-traditional traditions, don't you?).

It was sunny and COLD, with the sharp gray front of winter inching over the mountains as we walked. I carried the Bean while Mike got back in the swing with his cross-country skiis. It was fun but we kept it short.

Photos for fun:


Now for the candles. Yes, in spite of our lax attitude last year we did make sure she got a cake (cheesecake). This year she got carrot muffins.

Photos for fun:















And after our snowshoe Sunday some other friends surprised us with a second cake for the Bean. It was beautiful, and put my mom skills to shame. She demonstrated that this was THE CAKE she had always wanted by sticking her face squarly on the edge and taking a huge bite! My little chocoholic emerges!









**As a totally unrealted side note, I've decided, after much troubles the last month or so that I'm SICK of blogspot. I'll probably be changing over to wordpress.com soon. Stay tuned for details.

No comments: