1.14.2008

Meme Me

Although I've been tempted by memes, I've tried to avoid them so far. But since I've been tagged by my friend Tracy, I guess I'll give in. Though I must admit that I've changed a few things :)

Seven sets of eight things

8 things I am passionate about
the conservation and preservation of the environment
natural child birth
local, organic food
the need of every human to be loved, to laugh, and run around naked sometimes
my family, immediate and extended
writing
birds
gardening and digging my hands in the soil

8 things I want to do before I die
travel to New Zealand
learn to play the banjo
go back to Germany with Mike
pamper myself at a day spa
be able to better identify birds and plants, and learn as much natural history about them as possible
own a cabin and a small expanse of land
speak another language semi-fluently
get my 2nd degree black belt in Hapkido and my 1st degree in aikido

8 things I say often
All right
6 of one, half a dozen of the other
No worries
LU-CINE!
. . .
The rest eludes me,
I talk to myself a lot but I'm not usually paying that much attention

8 books I WANT to read
The Art of Peace - Morihei Ueshiba
The Armenians - John M. Douglas
The Best American Science Writing 2006 - ed. Atul Gawande
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle - Barbara Kingsolver
Coming Home to Eat - Gary P. Nabhan
Guns, Germs, and Steel - Jared Diamond
The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
Eat, Love, Pray - Elizabeth Gilbert

8 musicians/bands I could listen to for hours and hours
Barenaked Ladies
U2
Greg Brown
John Mayer
Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Edith Piaf
Sonia Dada
Beethoven

8 things that attract me to my best friends
Sense of humor
Mindfulness
Generosity
Loyalty
Playfulness
Honesty
Kindness
Curiosity


8 people who should totally do this meme
Most I would tag have already been tagged. But if this meme strikes you as fun please do it and then let me know and I'll link to you.

No comments: