11.02.2007

A Sour November

I really hope this last week is not an indicator of how the month of November is going to be.

So far I've been in the emergency room with my friend and her 13-month-old baby, spent 3 days in ICU with my grandfather, and help my friend put her dog down. And that's just since Sunday.

I had a whole list of post ideas and things I wanted to write about this month, but at the moment I can't remember a damn one. A few had to do with food, but the last thing I an is hungry. Right now food is just sustenance, a way to keep going. I think another had to do with aging, since my birthday was Monday. But after watching my grandpa go through v-fib and get shocked back into consciousness, age is not a topic I think I'm ready to talk about with much clarity at the moment.

And I'm not looking forward to the meltdown I know will come when all this is over. I guess I'm one of those who's fine until everything and everyone are taken care of. Only then do I figure it's safe to collapse and let it all out.

Good topics require reflection, and I'm afraid I don't have time for much of that at the moment. But in the spirit of NaBloPoMo I need to keep writing, and in that maybe I find some catharsis and hopefully by the end I'll be able to find some good topics too.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Happy birthday -- and I'm sorry the month has been so awful so far. Things can only look up from here, right?

Hang in there!

Carol