9.13.2007

Half-Baked: Our First Adventures in Baking

Let me set the stage:

It's 5:00 p.m. Enter the Bean, BORED. Bean has been entertaining herself while The Giant, lately known as Mom-eeee, bakes desserts for a birthday party Saturday.

Mom-ee goes to the drawer to get a measuring spoon, and a moment later here comes Bean with another measuring spoon, eager to help.

So, against her better judgement, The Giant let her . . . (at this point you're probably thinking, "Oh boy, I wouldn't want to have to clean up that mess. But I would have liked to see it.")



Shockingly it was not the flour-fest you might expect. The Giant measured, the Bean poured. While Mom-ee stirred, the Bean stood on her step-stool and watched.

And when they were finished, the Bean naturally got to lick the spoon. Which she of course shared with the Dog.

2 comments:

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

I love to bake and know that this comes from my mom. I have a scar of a burn I got at around age 2 from pulling the cookie sheet out, but that didn't stop me... I am pretty sure I had the choc. chip cookie recipie down to memory by the time I was 5 or 6.
I distinctly remember waking up at around 8 or so to make pancakes for myself and mom...
baking is good, and even better when you share the results with the four legged buddy.

oh yeah.

Tracy said...

An excellent way to teach fractions...because I'm sure Lucy is ready for fractions!