9.16.2007

Ebbs & Flows


Life gets old
Love makes it new
-Greg Brown


I had the most wonderful date Friday night. My favorite man took me out to dinner and a concert. I got clam chowder and crab legs - magnifico! (Have I mentioned my undying love of seafood? I can learn all I want about collapsing fisheries, but you offer me sushi and I can't refuse).

After which I got to see one of my favorite folk singers, Greg Brown.

But the best part was getting to sit on a chair nested into my hubbie's arm and just relax. That's not something we've had a lot lately. And, man, did it feel good.

We do this. One is stressed, the other does as many little things as they can to help make life easier. But we get so busy trying to help each other that we forget, well, each other.

It comes and goes. Cheesy, but it is like tides. We drift, we reconnect, we drift, we reconnect . . . But Greg Brown is wonderful at commenting on the complex yet mundane things like relationships, grandmas, and fishing.

And in the midst of that hour and a half of Greg Brown's blues guitar and deep bass voice I not only remembered that feeling of ebb and flow between Mike & I, I felt it.

No comments: