4.30.2007

My Bean is a dog

I have discovered something very interesting. My kid thinks she is a dog.

Some background. As most of you know Luci has been using baby signs for quite some time. And one of her first consistent words was "doddie" (i.e. dog) - no, not "mama" not "daddy," but very adamantly, pointing to the dog as she said it, "doddie."

Well, yesterday Mike and I caught her pointing to herself, doing the baby sign for dog (panting) and saying "doddie." Mike looked at me, "Our kid thinks she's a dog!? Well, we do call Scout her sister."

So my kid thinks she's a dog! I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Scout sleeps with us, sits on the couch with us, eats with us at times. We call her sister, and I often (inadvertantly) use the same disciplining commands with Luci that I do with the dog. Luci and Scout often spend the afternoon chasing each other around and under the dining room table.

I just didn't expect her to blatantly point to herself and say, "I'm a dog, hear me bark."

3 comments:

Tracy said...

She'll really impress me if she starts pooping in the yard!

The Giant said...

Don't I wish!!

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

tracy is killing me..