12.09.2007

Morning snack


We woke up Friday to about 5 inches of snow in our backyard. It's been hard to keep Bean in the house since then. She keeps grabbing her boots and saying, "Ow-side. Ow-side Mama. Snow, dey's 'now."

I've been sick so spending half an hour shivering while she dives into piles of snow is not my idea of fun right now. But when Mike went out to shovel the driveway I gave in.

I should preface this by saying that Lu is in a stage where she wants to imitate everything I do. And I mean everything, from sweeping to wrapping presents to going pee in the potty. And I've known for awhile that this penchant for imitation does extend to the dog. We've had to explain to her several times that eating grass and going through the dog door are not things we really want her to do.
So I wasn't surprised when I looked up from talking to Mike as he was shoveling and found them both eating the newfallen snow. You've gotta smile - what kid doesn't like eating snow?

My only concern is whether, as winter progresses, she'll be able to understand that there are just certain types of snow that you don't want to eat.










No comments: